The Horizontal Falls are one of the most amazing natural features of the Kimberley region. The tidal waterfalls located deep within Talbot Bay in the Buccaneer Archipelago are unlike any other waterfall. Sir David Attenborough has called it "Australia's most unusual natural wonder". Huge tidal movements create a waterfall effect as water banks up against one side of the narrow cliff passage, to be repeated again on the turning tide.
Below tours include a scenic flight and fast boat ride through the falls. While the tidal movements are all year round, we can advise on times to view the falls to get them while they are flowing at their best. Ask a local today!
HORIZONTAL FALLS HALF DAY EX BROOME
Our half-day tours from Broome give you the flexibility to experience the amazing spectacle of the Horizontal Falls and the beautiful Kimberley on your terms. The tour duration is six hours but you’ll get a lifetime of memories!
- Departures in the morning or afternoon.
- A courtesy bus will collect you from your accommodation *residential or Airbnb pickups are unavailable.
- Climb aboard our 14 seat turbo prop jet seaplane at Broome airport.
- Be amazed at how spectacular the views are when you fly at a lower level.
- Enjoy an exhilarating water landing in Talbot Bay.
- Trust your experienced skipper to guide your fast boat on an incredible thrill ride through the Horizontal Falls.
- Sit back and relax as you cruise through spectacular untouched bays and creeks.
- Swim in the clear warm waters of the Indian Ocean in the safety of our marine viewing enclosure. Get up close to the local marine life while your guide points out the many species of fish and inquisitive sharks (snorkelling gear provided).
- Enjoy a cooked breakfast or lunch of fresh barramundi on the BBQ lunch on board our luxury houseboat.
- Cameras at the ready as you take off from Talbot Bay on the return leg of your Broome day tour.
- Gasp at the breathtaking beauty as you fly low across the Buccaneer Archipelago, Cape Leveque, Lombadina, Beagle Bay, Willie Creek Pearl Farm, Cable Beach and Broome township prior to landing.
- Return to your accommodation on our Horizontal Falls Seaplane Adventures' courtesy bus.
$865-880 per adult
$750 per child (4 - 12 years)
$2895-2925 family (2ad+2ch)
MORNING TOUR (including breakfast)
5.30am pick-up returning around 11.15am
AFTERNOON TOUR (including lunch)
11.30am pick-up and returning around 17.15pm
Operates 26th Mar-10th Nov 2021 *Excludes neap tides
HORIZONTAL FALLS FULL DAY EX BROOME
Go off the beaten track in our signature 4WD vehicle, seaplane and fast boat.
Experience the incredible Horizontal Falls and spectacular islands of the Buccaneer Archipelago PLUS explore new overland frontiers.
With two action-packed, fully guided itineraries, you choose your own path of discovery, making this extraordinary Broome Horizontal Falls day trip the perfect opportunity to unleash your adventurous spirit.
Visit Cape Leveque, an area famous for its astonishing diversity, pristine wilderness and unique landscape. Stroll along the pristine white beaches and marvel at nature’s contrasts where ancient red cliffs meet the crystal blue of the Indian Ocean. Only a lucky few ever get to see this.
Then customise your day for a truly memorable experience.
Choose from two specialty tours of the Dampier Peninsular and add a helicopter ride over the Horizontal Falls for a thrilling air, sea and overland journey which will take you to the rugged red heart of the Kimberley.
For more information on this spectacular full day tour to Horizontal Falls from Broome, please call our friendly team on 08 9192 1172.
OPTION 1 – HORIZONTAL FALLS & CAPE LEVEQUE TOUR
This option is a rare opportunity to visit the world-renowned wilderness camp, ‘Kooljaman’ at Cape Leveque.
The camp is owned and run by the Indigenous Bardi Jawi Communities and is famous for its astonishing diversity, pristine wilderness and unique landscape. Only a lucky few ever get to see this.
Enjoy a meal in the resort's restaurant, only accessible to guests of Kooljaman, stroll along the pristine white beaches and marvel at nature’s contrasts where ancient red cliffs meet the crystal blue of the Indian Ocean.
You’ll then visit the Aquaculture Hatchery at One Arm Point for a fascinating tour. You’ll get insights into the Bardi Jawi Community’s age-old saltwater culture, the hatchery’s sustainable aquaculture production and the spectacular marine life in the area. Be tempted by special locally crafted souvenirs and be astounded at the stunning views.
OPTION 2 – HORIZONTAL FALLS & CYGNET BAY PEARL FARM DISCOVERY TOUR
This option take in the stunning white sands of Cape Leveque beach as well as a visit to Cygnet Bay for a fascinating tour of Australia’s oldest pearl farm.
Discover the history behind the famous pearling pioneer family as knowledgable tour guides demonstrate a pearl harvest and provide a pearl appreciation session, giving a glimpse into this fully operational pearl farm. A delicious meal at the farm restaurant is included and you're sure to be tempted by the stunning gifts available directly from the farm.
Please note: The 4WD trip to either Cape Leveque (Option 1) or Cygnet Bay (Option 2) may take place before or after your Horizontal Falls adventure. Itinerary direction is at the discretion of Horizontal Falls Seaplane Adventures.
Sections of the 4WD trip may be bumpy as some of the roads are unsealed.
- Travel deep into the rugged red heart of the Kimberley on board our custom0built 4WD tour bus.
- Experience our 14-seater luxury seaplane where our experienced pilots take you on a scenic low level flight over the thousand islands of the romantic Buccaneer Archipelago.
- Be thrilled by a spectacular water landing on the calm waters of Talbot Bay right next to the Horizontal Falls.
- Be bowled over by low-flying views over Cable Beach and Broome before landing back at Broome airport.
- Marvel at the famous Beagle Bay church with its amazing pearl shell altar.
- Enjoy a relaxing coffee or tea break.
- Explore either ‘Kooljaman’ at Cape Leveque and the aquaculture hatchery (option 1) or visit stunning Cape Leveque Beach and the Cygnet Bay Pearl Farm (option 2).
- Kick back on board our luxury houseboat for a delicious buffet breakfast or a lunch of locally sourced, expertly prepared by our talented hosts.
- Strap in for the ride of your life. Our experienced skipper will guide our 900hp fast boat through the incredible Horizontal Falls where steep cliffs meet powerful tides and nature defies logic.
- Relax and enjoy the tranquillity as you cruise untouched bays and creeks nearby.
- Cool off in the clear warm waters of the Indian Ocean in the safety of our marine viewing enclosure. Get up close to the local marine life while your guide points out the many species of fish and inquisitive sharks (snorkelling gear provided).
- Be amazed by your smooth water take-off in our seaplane.
Kick back on board our luxury houseboat for a delicious buffet breakfast or a lunch of locally sourced, expertly prepared by our talented hosts.
Strap in for the ride of your life. Our experienced skipper will guide our 900hp fast boat through the incredible Horizontal Falls where steep cliffs meet powerful tides and nature defies logic.
Relax and enjoy the tranquillity as you cruise untouched bays and creeks nearby.
Cool off in the clear warm waters of the Indian Ocean in the safety of our marine viewing enclosure. Get up close to the local marine life while your guide points out the many species of fish and inquisitive sharks (snorkelling gear provided).
Be amazed by your smooth water take-off in our seaplane.
OPTION 1 & 2
$950 per adult
$825 per child (4 - 12 years)
Transfers commence at 5.30am (Option 1) or 5.00am (Option 2)
Spectacular scenic helicopter flights are available.
Operates 26th Mar-10th Nov 2021 *Excludes neap tides
HORIZONTAL FALLS HALF DAY EX DERBY
Our Kimberley day tour from Derby is perfect for the time-savvy traveller. It’s six hours of pure amazement.
Fly directly from Derby on a seaplane to the Horizontal Falls where you’ll meet our expert skipper for an exhilarating fast boat ride through the narrow gorges.
After the adrenalin rush, wind down with a relaxed cruise, lunch and swim in the turquoise calm of Talbot Bay before boarding the seaplane for another low-level scenic flight back to Derby.
Remember, we also offer Day Tours from Broome if those suit you better.
This six-hour tour is perfect for adventurers who want to pack it all in.
- Take advantage of our courtesy bus which will pick up from your accommodation at 8.15am.
- Board our 14 seat turbo prop jet seaplane.
- Experienced pilots fly you from Derby directly to Horizontal Falls.
- Strap in to our powerful 900hp boat, the fastest in the Kimberley.
- Be thrilled by an exhilarating ride through the falls with our experienced skipper.
- Settle back with a relaxing luxury cruise through spectacular untouched bays and creeks.
- Feast on our chef’s specially prepared Barramundi on the barbeque.
- Marvel in the breathtaking majesty of the unspoilt Kimberley.
- Refresh in the clear blue waters of Talbot Bay in the clear warm waters in the safety of our marine viewing enclosure.
- Get up close to the amazing marine life while your guide points out the many species of fish and inquisitive sharks (snorkelling gear provided).
- Cameras at the ready to capture your exhilarating water take-off and the extraordinary aerial perspectives during your low level scenic seaplane flight back to Derby.
- Return to your accommodation with our courtesy bus at approximately 14.15pm.
And if a longer trip exploring more of the Kimberley’s world-renowned scenic attractions appeals to you, why not consider an overnight tour to Horizontal Falls? Our Horizontal Falls Derby Overnight Tour is our most popular, with direct Derby flights to Horizontal Falls. Get all the incredible sights and experiences of the Kimberley but with the added extra of an indulgent night on our luxury houseboat!
$800 per adult
$700 per child
$2695 family (2ad+2ch)
Operates 8th May-29th Sep 2021 *Excludes neap tides
HORIZONTAL FALLS DERBY OVERNIGHT
Adventure and indulgence. It’s the complete package.
The Horizontal Falls Derby overnight tour captures the breathtaking majesty of the vast Kimberley and the tranquillity of its untouched bays and creeks in an exciting package.
Thrilling sea plane flights from Derby take you right to the Horizontal Falls where our experienced skipper and the fastest boat in the Kimberley will be waiting. Jump aboard for a heart-pumping ride through the gorges, then kick-back on a relaxing cruise through tranquil bays and creeks.
Swimming and snorkelling in the clear blue waters of Talbot Bay are followed by an indulgent evening aboard our luxury houseboat. Sunset drinks on the deck, a barbecue dinner from our chef, star-gazing with a nightcap and a peaceful night in your air-conditioned cabin.
After a freshly cooked breakfast, it’s time to return to Derby on another scenic low level seaplane ride over the majestic Kimberley wilderness.
We guarantee you’ll leave wanting more!
- Be ready for a 14.15pm courtesy bus pick-up from your Derby accommodation.
- Take your seat on board our 14 seat turbo prop jet seaplane.
- Experienced pilots fly you directly to the Horizontal Falls.
- Be amazed by their skilled water landing in Talbot Bay.
- Strap in to our 900hp boat, the fastest in the Kimberley for an exhilarating Horizontal Falls experience.
- Feel exhilarated as your skipper guides the boat expertly through the rushing waters of the narrow gorges.
- Unwind as you cruise through spectacular untouched bays and creeks.
- Experience the thrill of swimming in our huge marine viewing enclosure, while your guide points out the many species of fish and inquisitive sharks (snorkelling gear provided).
- Relax in the privacy of your own air-conditioned cabin on board our luxury houseboat.
- Whet your appetite with snacks and sunset drinks on the deck.
- Tantalise your tastebuds with a dinner of freshly caught barramundi, cooked to perfection.
- Marvel at the expansive night sky.
- Wake up refreshed and enjoy an early morning breakfast.
- Get ready for your Horizontal Falls Seaplane Adventures return flight to Derby.
- Be enthralled by scenic low level flying across the King Sound, Cone Bay and the expanse of tidal flats.
- Land at Derby and our courtesy bus will return you to your accommodation at approximately 8.15am.
Enhance your experience with an exciting helicopter ride over Horizontal Falls! $175 for 10 minutes, book at the Falls.
This tour includes snacks, dinner and breakfast, soft drinks, water and tea and coffee. Guests are asked to bring their own alcohol.
$975 per adult (double)
$1395 per adult (single)
Operates 8th May-29th Sep 2021 *Excludes neap tides
GO HORIZONTAL FALLS FULL DAY
Your chance for a true Kimberley adventure on a full-day tour from Broome!
Kimberley Scenic Flight - Have your camera ready as we fly north-east from Broome past Cape Leveque and the incredible Buccaneer Archipelago, landing on Cockatoo Island.
Kimberley Cruise Experience - Experience the stunning Kimberley wilderness aboard your custom-built fast boat as you cruise from Cockatoo Island through Yampi Sound to Talbot Bay.
Horizontal Falls - Be amazed by the incredible forces of one of the world’s largest tidal movements as your experienced skipper navigates your fast boat through the falls.
Raft-Up - We raft up our vessels and enjoy a delicious lunch onboard as you take in the spectacular rock formations that the Kimberley is so famous for.
Return Scenic Flight - Your one-hour return fight takes of from Cockatoo Island, flying low over the Horizontal Falls for an aerial perspective of your day in the Kimberley.
- Hotel transfers.
- Return scenic flights and fast boat cruise.
- See the Horizontal Falls from air and sea.
- Morning and afternoon tea, lunch.
NOTE: Tour prices vary seasonally.
$880 per adult
$780 per child
$2988 family (2ad+2ch)